Tuesday 28 April 2015

Film Poster Image





















 I started by taking two images of the Mother; one with normal everyday make-up and one with possessed make-up. I made a mark on the floor so I knew where to stand for each picture, so it would be easier to match them up once I had edited the images. I decided to put the Mother in a white top as she wears this in the trailer, it also represents that each image is the same character, just different personalities.
I wanted the mise-en-scene to reflect the trailer, therefore I decided to take the images in the barn; the main setting. I feel the stone walls covered in cobwebs and dirt reflect the darkness in the film, and help to create an eerie atmosphere.






Firstly, I selected the best images that I felt would match together well. On Photoshop, I then cropped out half of both images so that there was only a left and right side of the face. I had to ensure that both images had the right proportions to match up with each other, because I wanted it to look like a complete face/body.












I then started to edit both of the images on Photoshop by changing the contrast and exposure on both of the images. I wanted to make the left side look more sinister, and the right side more innocent. By doing this, it would create a complete contrast between the both images even though it is of the same face. This would cause an audience member to look twice at the image, noticing that although it is the same person, there are two sides to the character.







After editing both images, I placed the images next to each other to create a full image for my poster. I am extremely pleased with how it has turned out, it optimises what the film is about and creates an enigma, with the audience asking questions about this divide of character.



                             

No comments:

Post a Comment